unable to configure public-folder based Contactsfolder as addressbook in Outlook
Scalix Connect 184.108.40.20647, Outlook 2013, Server 220.127.116.1146.
Steps to reproduce:
- use Outlook to create a "Folder containing Contact Items" in the Public Folders
- right-click on the Folder
- the "Properties" Window is missing the tab "Outlook Address Book"
- this worked in Scalix with earlier versions
- still works in Exchange (verified on O365) and other Competitors
Updated by Prakash Nikhar about 3 years ago
- File office 365account.JPG office 365account.JPG added
- File scalix12.5+outlook 2013.JPG scalix12.5+outlook 2013.JPG added
- File SOP_Configure public-folder based Contacts folder in Outlook.docx SOP_Configure public-folder based Contacts folder in Outlook.docx added
- Status changed from Updated to Answered
- Target version changed from Unspecified to Scalix 12.6
- % Done changed from 0 to 60
As per my observation exchange shows the "Outlook Address Book" tab in Public Folder (right click to contact). but not for scalix.
It should be shown also for scalix
Other way we can create contact folder in Public Folder. see the attached SOP to Configure public-folder based Contacts folder in Outlook.
Updated by Prakash Nikhar almost 3 years ago
- File ol2016_oultook address book tab_not available.jpg ol2016_oultook address book tab_not available.jpg added
- File ol2013_oultook address book tab_not available.jpg ol2013_oultook address book tab_not available.jpg added
- File ol2010_oultook address book tab_not available.jpg ol2010_oultook address book tab_not available.jpg added
- File ol2007_oultook address book tab_available.jpg ol2007_oultook address book tab_available.jpg added
see the screentshots
Updated by Alexey Bobyr about 1 year ago
Are you sure that Outlook higher 2007 + Exchange server is letting you to add public folder with contacts as Address Book.
I have found old bug / feature request and in conversation there was mentioned that MS OU does not let do t.
Maybe they allowed to do such thing in OU 2007 and then dropped this feature (maybe it was experimental).
To start working on it I would need some proofs that MS OU + Exchange server is allowing to add Public Contact folder as Address Book.
Currently we does not have test Exchange server so please provide confirmation for this if you have Exchange server.
Please note that Office365 is different thing. Mapi protocol is outdated and Office365 based on new protocol (EWS or ..)